Ireland is one of the most beautiful places in the world and it is every die hard tourists dream to visit this Emerald Isle and experience its beauty first hand.
To do this all though there are many options of travelling but the best way to do it is by driving along its roads in your own car. The scenery is simply out of the world and you can easily stop whenever you want to look up either the scenery on the historical sites at your own leisure
Here are some tips for The First Time road Traveller to Ireland
The road rules in every country are different and so are they in Ireland; here you have the “left hand drive” system which is much different from other countries like the United States of America.
You have to get used to the driving on the other side of the road and it is better to practice it before new venture round you also need to know the speed limits as well as the road signs.
Hiring a car
You will get many options to hire different kind of cars, but you take something that you are used. While hiring a car to keep in mind the following points-
- Check out the vintage and the mileage run on the car so that you are assured of the engine quality.
- Try to look for a diesel car because they give a better mileage and also turn out to be cheaper in the long run
- If you can, you must go for a smaller car because the roads in Ireland are narrow as well as windy.
- Check out the insurance of the car and get a list of service stations along the route on which you are travelling
- Clarify whether the toll rates are included in the hiring charges of the park and sector this information in your budget
Getting anywhere around in Ireland is not difficult because you find a lot of road signs everywhere and also there are many friendly pedestrians who can guide you.
However, it is always good to have a navigation system or Google Maps to help you go from one place to another because in a new country you cannot afford to take wrong turn.
When at a new place it is always a good idea to plan out your route keeping in mind the places that you want to see as well as the time plan. Keep in mind that most roads in Ireland have speed limits and you cannot go at more than hundred kilometers per hour in any place.
Chalking out your route and keeping it ready either on your smart phone or in the form of a printed paper is a good idea because it will save you a lot of time while travelling. You should also work out the details of where you will be staying as well as places to eat.
Also note that you will actually end up spending more money than what you had planned. Most historical places along the island will charge you for an entry; which won’t be much, but it is always good to keep such things in mind.